How to prevent Grey Hair through Nutrition
Spotting the first grey hair is a disheartening rite of passage for most people. It affects almost all age groups and genders, men, women, teenagers and even children too. People naturally start having grey hair at their 30’s, one can’t stop it. Having grey hair under 30’s is the biggest problem nowadays. It can be genetic i.e. if parent has grey hair in early age, offspring is more prone to have grey hair earlier in life.
We can prevent premature grey hair by taking care of food and nutrition.
Causes of premature grey hair:
- Level of stress in young age is the biggest cause of having grey hair.
- Smoking and drinking in early age.
- Excessive use of junk food can also be a cause of grey hair.
Oil remedies to prevent grey hair:
- Gooseberries (Amla) are very effective for grey hair
Recipe of Amla
Take 2-3 fresh Amla and add 1-2sp of coconut oil in it. Heat the mixture until it turns black. Add it into a bowl. Massage your hair with the mixture regularly with a gap of one day, 3-4 times a week.
- Coconut oil.
Massage with coconut oil
Massage your hair with coconut oil, leave it overnight and wash off in the morning. Repeat the process at least twice a week. It provide nutrients to your hair.
Nutritious remedies to prevent grey hair:
- Ginger is an excellent remedy for hair.
Recipe of ginger:
Add 1sp of honey in ¼ inch chopped ginger and eat it.
- Add biotin (vitamin B) rich food in your diet.
Food groups high in biotin:
- Tomatoes and egg yolk are good source of biotin and protein.
- Oats, walnuts and almonds are biotin rich food.
If you are biotin deficit add supplements to your diet. Daily recommendation of biotin is 300mcg. You can add 3-2500mcg of biotin supplementation to your diet.
- Stop washing hair with hot water.
- Avoid chemical products like hair sprays, gels and cheap quality products. It can cause damage to your hair.
- Women should not tie wet hair.
- Do not use blow dryers and straighteners on daily basis.